Lunch is no longer the meal you just mindlessly put together, forget the usual fattening deli meat sandwiches on white bread with mayo. Take the time to put some thought into it and forget that can of soda and chips. For most people, the mid day meal can be their most important meal of the day. Not too many people are diligent about having a nutritious breakfast and often skip it entirely. So after the endless cups of morning coffee your body is craving a healthy, well balanced meal. Here are some very easy Low Carb diet, Lunch ideas that can keep you thin and feeling full of energy until dinner time.
If your like most people these days trying to economize a bit by brown bagging your lunch take a look at these top 10 lunch suggestions that are courtesy of the popular Diet To Go Low Carb meal plan. Putting these lunches together is fast and economical at the same time. Best of all, these lunch suggestions can work for just about anyone – whether your working from home or the office or a busy parent juggling the kids around all day. There is always time to prepare these tasty low calorie meals. You’ll probably love them so much you might consider having them for dinner too!
If you’ve been losing weight and feeling much better thanks to a low-carb approach, you know that the usual fast food alternatives just don’t work for you any more….besides they can get expensive. Fried foods, pizzas and tacos are off-limits. In fact, these fast food staples may well be the reason you’ve put on the extra weight and lost your energy in the first place.
The lunchtime doldrums won’t get you down once you fill up on the wide variety of these healthy Diet To Go prepared meal plan:
1. Chicken Salad, Tuna Salad, Turkey Salad: Enjoy these classics on a bed of lettuce with other fresh veggies or between two slices of low-carb bread.
2. Quesadillas: Wrap low-carb, whole grain tortillas around meats, vegetables and cheese.
3. Sandwiches: Stuff a low-carb tortilla or low-carb pita bread with avocado slices, chicken, sprouts and other veggies and protein.
4. Leftovers: Always make sure to have extra grilled chicken around. You can use the meat as a base for either a salad or sandwich.
5. Ready-to-drink low-carb shakes or handy nutrition bars: Supplement low-carb protein shakes with a piece of cheese or fresh vegetables.
6. Caesar Salad, Cobb salad, Chef’s Salad: Any salad that contains some protein, such as cheese, hard-boiled eggs, poultry, tofu or meat, drizzled with a little olive oil and lemon is a great option.
7. Omelets: skip the eggs for breakfast, an omelet made with low fat meat, cheese and veggies makes a great lunch.
8. Burger… no bun: In a hurry! make a quick trip through the drive thru. Order a bunless burger or grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad.
9. Miso Soup and Sashimi: If you’re going Japanese, sashimi is an excellent selection. However, pass on the sushi rolls, or order them with brown rice instead if they are your favorite.
10. Steak, Lobster… Dinner for lunch: Make lunch your largest meal of the day. Treat yourself to a juicy steak or a steamed lobster tail with a side of veggies or salad. This idea is great for a long business luncheon…even better if your on an expense account!
If all of these ideas sound great but still no time to cook, just log on to Diet To Go and let them take care of the rest. What’s more, you’ll be assured you are getting just the right amount of calories and carbs with each chef inspired gourmet meal that is prepared just for you according to your Online Diet Profile and then shipped conveniently to your home or office. Give them a try…what have you got to lose except the weight.